The House of Divine Fruits is located in the oldest street of the village of Óbidos and the first of the town after the Christian reconquest in 1148. In this area of the village grew the Moorish and Jewish quarter since the twelfth century. Place of muleteers and merchants, musicians and poets, began to develop an urban core that would be consolidated by the medieval wall, turning into an alive but demure medieval village.
The house is based on historic buildings, whose name and older references go back to the year 1700. Recovered in the second half of the twentieth century by an important artist, potter in the region, it has retained its familiar configuration of cottage of the Portuguese bourgeoisie. With a magnificent outdoor garden that allows all the privacy of its inhabitants, the House of Divine Fruit provides the atmosphere for a few days of rest, away from the hustle and bustle of big cities, surrounded by artistic heritage, architectural and environmental treasures.
Here the guest enters an atmosphere of distinction and discretion, within the medieval walls of Obidos, 150 meters distant from the castle. A little more than 15 km of the beaches of Foz do Arelho, Baleal or Praia D'el Rey. Less than 30 minutes of Peniche in the South, and Nazaré in the North, the latest exotic destinations of the worldwide Surf circuit, where you will also find fabulous beaches.